- Rack up a barbell so it is level with your shoulders.
- Stand facing the barbell with feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly braced and core braced.
- Hold the barbell with a a grip slightly wider than shoulder width, palms facing forwards.
- Unrack the barbell so it is resting on top of your chest, wrists and elbows are directly beneath each other and tucked to the side of the body.
- Raise the bar above your head until arms are fully extended, push your head through your arms ever so slightly at the top of the movement, focusing on squeezing your shoulder blades together here.
- Once you’ve reached full extension, gently bring the barbell back down to the top of the chest.
Does this exercise look good for you?