- Stand over the barbell on the floor with a shoulder width stance, slip your feet under the bar.
- Bend down to grip the bar, slightly wider than shoulder width apart so that arms are outside of the legs, with an overhand grip, palms are facing backwards.
- Push your bum back and down so that you are hinged at the hips, knees facing forwards, back is neutral and arms are fully extended.
- Drive with the hamstrings, keeping the back straight, aiming to lift the barbell up whilst returning the hips to a neutral position. Remember to keep the bar close to you at all times, the barbell should also travel in a straight line upwards.
- The end of the movement is when you are stood upright with legs and back straight, once you’ve reached this, bend the knees and return the barbell back to the starting position.
Does this exercise look good for you?