- Load the leg press with desired weight, making sure it’s even on each side.
- Sit on the leg press, with your back flat against the seat, place your legs up on the panel, hip width apart, toes facing forwards.
- Gently push your legs forward, this should allow you to release the locking mechanism of the machine, each machine is different so ask someone in the gym for specific help.
- Once you’ve released the lock, bend your legs so that your knees come towards your chest.
- Once you’ve hit a depth greater than 90 degrees with your legs, use your legs to drive the machine away from you until your legs are fully extended but not locked out.
- Focus on keeping your back flat against the seat and keeping your bum down so it is your leg muscles working.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- On the last rep, when legs are extended, pull the locking mechanism back, bend your legs again, allowing the machine to rest on the lock.
Does this exercise look good for you?