- Get into a side plank position; laying on one side, prop yourself up on your left forearm, elbow directly under your shoulder. Place right leg on top of the left.
- Raise your hips towards the sky so that only your left forearm and left foot are resting on the floor.
- Focus on keeping your body in a straight line whilst lifting your hips as much as you can.
- Bring your right hand up to your temple.
- Rotate your torso backwards, bringing your right elbow towards your left hand.
- Once your right elbow has touched the floor, rotate forward to bring your body back into the side plank position.
- Keep going for time, once the timer is up swap sides.
- Focus on maintaining the strict side plank position throughout.
Struggling to complete this movement? Step down a notch, remove the elbow tap and try a side plank.
Does this exercise look good for you?