- Set up a barbell with bumper plates with the desired weight, place a foam pad in the middle of the barbell.
- Sit up against a flat bench on the floor.
- Roll the barbell towards you so that it is in line with your hips.
- Place your forearms on the bench behind you and push your hips upwards so that you make contact with the foam pad with your hips and the barbell is lifted off the floor.
- Once you’ve found your balance, gently roll your arms off the bench so that your shoulder blades are resting on the bench.
- Grasp the barbell just wider than your hips with your hands for extra support.
- Keeping your chin tucked to your chest, lower your hips until your bum is near to the floor.
- Explode upwards, driving your with your hips so that your body becomes parallel to the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement for a moment, then gradually lower your hips back down and repeat.
Does this exercise look good for you?