- Lean over a bench with a split leg stance, one arm should be resting straight on the bench, both legs should be slightly bent to ensure the back is kept flat.
- With the arm that is free, hold a dumbbell with a neutral grip, palms facing in towards the body.
- Maintaining a neutral spine, drive the dumbbell up towards the chest, using the back to pull the dumbbell up.
- Keep your elbows tight to the sides of the body.
- Once you’ve reached as high as you can get the dumbbell, squeeze your back then lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Swap arms when desired reps have been achieved.
Does this exercise look good for you?