- Sit on the floor, with your legs bent at around 90 degrees, feet off the floor.
- Lean your torso back, so you are balancing on your bum. Your body and thighs should be making a v shape. This position should also be engaging your core muscles
- Hold a weighted plate, set of dumbbells, medicine ball or kettlebell in both hands at your chest.
- Maintaining the position with your body, twist your torso round to the right keeping the weight close to your chest. Bring the weight down to the floor but keep a few inches off the floor.
- Using your core, twist back to the centre.
- Twist round to the left in a controlled manner. Keeping weight tight, bring towards the floor then back up.
- Return to the centre position.
Does this exercise look good for you?