- Find an elevated surface, whether that be a step or stairs.
- Step up onto the stair with the balls of your feet resting on the step so your arch and heel is hovering.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand down by your side with a neutral grip, palms facing toward your body. The other hand can be used as support by holding onto a wall or other fixed structure.
- Start by lowering your heels down so that your toes come up off the step.
- Once your toes pointing upwards, squeeze your calf muscles to bring your weight up onto your toes slowly.
- Come as high up as you can onto your toes whilst maintaining your balance.
- Gently lower yourself back down and repeat.
Does this exercise look good for you?