Chilli Stuffed Peppers
This lighter twist on a winter warmer is delightful all year round!
Chilli stuffed peppers packed with 53g of protein and 431 calories of goodness, this is a winter dinner. A vegan alternative is available by substituting the beef mince for a vegan alternative and using vegan cheese.
- 1/2 small Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Baby Peppers
- Cooking Spray
- 150g of Lean Beef Mince
- 1/2 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of Marmite
- 1/2 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 large Bell Pepper
- Low Fat Cheese
- Optional- spices and seasoning
- Finely chop onion, garlic and baby peppers.
- Heat up large saucepan on medium heat. Add frying spray.
- Add onion, garlic and baby peppers to saucepan.
- Once they have gone soft, add mince to saucepan. Break up and season with salt and pepper, mixed herbs, paprika, cayenne pepper and chilli flakes.
- Once mince is no longer pink, add tomatoes. Mix occasionally. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to let simmer.
- Add Marmite and kidney beans. Let simmer for a good 20 minutes.
- Whilst simmering, cut the pepper in half and scoop out the insides. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190 degrees.
- Once chilli is at the right consistency and liquid has reduced, place into the peppers.
- Top with cheese and cook in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Serve up and set those taste buds on fire!
- Calories: 431kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 53g
Leave a comment