Chilli Con Carne
Fire up your week nights!
Packed with 53g of protein, this winter warmer is a great gains keeper, spice up your meals with this delicious dish any day of the week!
- Half a small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2/3 baby peppers
- 1/2 can of tinned tomatoes
- 125g of mince of choice
- 1/2 can of kidney beans
- 50g or rice
- 20g of grated cheese
- Cooking oil spray
- Herbs and spices (salt, pepper, paprika, chilli, mixed herbs, cumin)
- Start by heating up a saucepan over a medium heat with the cooking oil spray in.
- Whilst this is heating, finely chop onions, garlic and pepper.
- Add onion, garlic and pepper to the saucepan. Keep mixing until onions have turned soft.
- Add in the mince, making sure to break it up. Season the mince with your herbs and spices.
- Keep stirring until mince is no longer pink (if using meat)
- Once meat is fully cooked, add the chopped tomatoes & kidney beans
- Bring the saucepan to the boil then let simmer whilst you cook the rice.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the rice, and cook for around 30 minutes or until rice is soft and fluffy.
- Once rice is cooked, serve up onto a plate, top with the chilli mixture. Top with cheese of your choice.
- Plate up, sit down and enjoy.
- Calories: 584kcal
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 56g
Leave a comment